Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whats in a name...

As I entered Second Life today, I remembered back on picking a name for Second Life. I chose my clown name "Olive Eue" and of course SL chose our last names...therefore I have a last name no one can spell or say lol.. When I met Nite, his name freaked me out, "Nitestalker Backbite" I told him that too, I cant take you home to mom with a name like that... he then explained to me that it had to do with his job and I felt lots better lol. As the years in SL have progressed to where I have met so many people with so many different and unusual names. I have found that a lot of people that have come to SL for social reasons have funny , cute or goofy names. People that seem to have come to SL for business reasons have names that are more like RL, and then there are those of us that came for the social and started businesses and here we are with our unusual name (tongue and cheek)to do business with.

I find that our names so reflect our personalities, well almost all of them. It seems that we pick names that have certain meaning to us, or have affected our life one way or another.

The one thing I do know is since I have met Nite his name was always Nite. I call him Nite regulary instead of his RL name, I guess cause that is what I have always known him as... My Nite in shining armor!!

No comments: